Though the professions of author and accountant couldn’t be more different in their main functions, authors come closer to becoming mini-accountants than they realize. Why? Because once anyone becomes an official business owner, he/she crosses into the realm of accounting and taxation.
Oh, the horrors of it, right? But never fear!
Getting a handle on important basics is really not all that daunting. Allow this author and trained CPA to help you get serious about your business by learning the major “must-knows” of Bean Counting for Authors and other creative business owners.
In the book, you’ll gain insight on how to:
- Determine if your endeavor is a Business or Hobby
- Choose and implement an Entity Structure for your Business
- Set up and Keep Books properly
- Set up and manage Sales and Use Tax when and where required
- Understand the different Business Taxes
- Recognize, track, and budget for Common Expenses
- Recognize, track, and budget for Complex Expenses
- Become clear about Employees versus Independent Contractors, and handle each accordingly
- Plan and save for Retirement
Counting each and every “Bean” earned may not be the idea of fun and adventure for most, but having lots of beans in the bank is a pretty great way for writers to keep on doing what they do love most–CREATING BOOKS! And understanding some important must-knows of financial matters is a big step toward making that happen.
Clickable Buy Link: